Student & Teacher Programs
Select a theme from the Menu for your school visit
Transportation route map to VBMA drop off location
Museum Manners and Chaperone Expectations
Schedule a Museum, In-Classroom, or Virtual Student Tour
Museum Explorations Program
Themed school visits at the Vero Beach Museum of Art or at your school/organization are:
- FREE – no charge for students, teachers, or chaperones and limited transportation reimbursements are available upon request
- DOCENT GUIDED – facilitated by specially trained volunteers
- STUDENT CENTERED – offering developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory, and interactive activities
- OBJECT FOCUSED – practicing visual literacy skills for close reading of authentic works of art
- INQUIRY BASED – using open-ended questioning strategies and critical thinking activities
- SOCIO-EMOTIONAL AND CULTURALLY SENSITIVE – making connections in diverse, inclusive ways
The VBMA is happy to customize engagements designed to connect with your curriculum, key standards and/or concepts for your classroom.
Please arrange for your visit no later than two weeks prior to your requested date by using the link above. Please keep in mind the following student and teacher program guidelines:
- Group size – Up to 60 students (including chaperones) per tour
- Chaperone ratio policy – 1:10 for PreK-3; 1:12 for Grades 4-9; 1:15 for Grades 10-12
- Pre- and post-visit materials available
- Guided tours are available Tuesday—Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Tours are typically 60 minutes
- 4-6 artworks per tour
- Studio art project or write/sketch components available when schedule permits
- Bus parking, loading/unloading groups via Museum atrium
- Limited transportation reimbursement is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please see transportation policy for more information.
Watch our video to prepare your students for their visit
Teacher groups can request professional development sessions at the VBMA or for school faculty meetings to learn more about how to integrate museum exhibitions and works of art into their curriculum.
School visual and performing arts groups have opportunities to participate with displays and performances for:
- The annual Children’s Art Festival
- Holidays at the Museum
Art teachers can also reserve dates to display student work in the Eggert Children’s Gallery.
Students 14-18 can apply to volunteer during summer art camp, family festivals, and other VBMA education programs.
Special thanks to The Circle for funding Museum Explorations, keeping it free for all.