The VBMA’s Museum Art School seeks proposals from artists and art educators to lead online classes for adults in the fall (September 28-December 11, 2020). We are looking for instructors in the following areas: contemporary and modern art history, photography and editing, digital drawing, drawing, mixed media, collage, watercolor painting, acrylic and oil painting, pottery, graphic design, animation, jewelry making, book illustration, sculpting, wood sculpting, weaving, sewing, and costume design.
Instructions and Special Notes
- This Request for Proposals is open until August 19, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Proposals will not be accepted at a later time.
- We will only consider proposals for the subjects and mediums outlined above.
- The proposed courses must be designed to be taught online.
- Candidates must fill out and submit the form linked below.
- Candidates may choose to propose a ten-week, five-week, or two back to back five-week courses.
- Candidates may submit more than one proposal.
- Submitting a proposal does not guarantee a teaching position at the VBMA’s Museum Art School.
- Candidates whose proposals are accepted will receive a notification via phone and email.
- Accepted candidates must respond within a week.
- Instructors must offer classes in English.
- Faculty status is contingent to clearance of a level 1 background check and adherence to all standards, policies, and procedures as defined in the Vero Beach Museum of Art’s Code of Ethics and/or through any official communication from the VBMA.
- This Request For Proposal is open to artists and art educators who:
- Have a BFA, or professional certification in visual arts, fine arts, art education, or a related field.
- Have experience in teaching adults.
- Have access to a stable high-speed Internet connection and a quiet working environment.
- Candidates are welcomed to submit any questions via email to Kathie Elías, Museum Art School Manager, email@example.com.