The VBMA’s Museum Art School seeks proposals from artists and art educators to lead online and onsite classes for adults in the winter (January 4 through March 12, 2020). We are looking for instructors in the following areas:
art history b.c. to 19th century
art history modern to contemporary
Instructions and Special Notes
- This Request for Proposals is open until October 12, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Proposals will not be accepted at a later time.
- We will consider proposals for subjects and mediums outside of the outlined above, but priority will be given to those proposals that match the mediums stated.
- Candidates must fill out and submit the form linked below.
- Candidates may choose to propose ten-week, five-week, or two back to back five-week classes. They must also declare if they are looking to teach onsite* or online courses.
- Candidates applying to teach onsite may not request a specific studio. Studios will be assigned to match the class size.
- Candidates may submit more than one proposal.
- Submitting a proposal does not guarantee a teaching position at the VBMA’s Museum Art School.
- Candidates whose proposals are accepted will receive a notification via phone and email.
- Accepted candidates must respond within a week.
- Instructors must offer classes in English.
- All MAS instructors will be paid a base rate of $23.50 per contact hour.
- Faculty status is contingent to clearance of a level 1 background check and adherence to all standards, policies, and procedures as defined in the Vero Beach Museum of Art’s Code of Ethics and/or through any official communication from the VBMA.
This Request For Proposal is open to artists and art educators who:
- Have a BFA or professional certification in visual arts, fine arts, art education, or related fields.
- Have experience in teaching adults.
- Have access to a stable high-speed Internet connection and a quiet working environment (online only).
Candidates are welcomed to submit any questions via email to Kathie Elías, Museum Art School Manager, email@example.com.
*For onsite classes, the Museum will be adhering to social distancing guidelines and regulations set forth by local and state officials and the CDC.