The VBMA’s Museum Art School seeks proposals from artists and art educators to lead online and onsite classes for adults in the following areas: modern and contemporary art history (special consideration will be given to courses focusing on folk art XIX to the present), art appreciation, portrait drawing, mixed media, collage, watercolor painting, acrylic, oil painting, and textile arts.
Instructions and Special Notes
1.This Request for Proposals opens on April 5, 2021, and closes on April 19, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Proposals will not be accepted at a later time.
2. We will consider proposals for subjects and mediums other than the outlined above. However, priority will be given to those requested.
3. All proposed courses must be easily translated into an online format.
4. Candidates may choose to propose a ten-week, five-week, or two back-to-back five-week courses.
5. Candidates may submit more than one proposal.
6. Candidates must complete the form below.
7. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee a teaching position at the VBMA’s Museum Art School.
8. Candidates whose proposals are accepted will receive a notification via phone and email.
9. Accepted candidates must respond within a week.
This Request For Proposal is open to artists and art educators who:
a. Have a BFA or professional certification in visual arts, fine arts or art education.
b. Have experience in teaching adults.
c. If teaching online, instructors must have access to a stable high-speed Internet connection and a quiet working environment.
d. If teaching onsite, instructors and students must comply with all museum safety protocols.
e. Must offer classes in English.
f. Faculty status is contingent on clearance of a level 1 background check and adherence to all standards, policies, and procedures as defined in the Faculty and Guest Instructor Manual and/or through any official VBMA communication.
g. VBMA Museum Art School Faculty receives a base compensation of $23.50 an hour for every contact hour.